I was guest expert on the excellent #ContentChat offering my advice on launching a podcast. Podcasting made a revival in recent months so I was honoured to have been asked to share my tips and experience along with participating podcasters. I’ve learned so much! You can read the Twitter chat summary on Storify.
Questions asked include:
1. What kind of expertise do you need to produce a podcast? How hard is it to learn?
2. What type of equipment do you need and how much does it cost to launch a new podcast?
3. How do you get people to subscribe to your podcast?
4. What’s the hardest part about podcasting?
5. Can you host your podcast on your website? Why or why not?
6. What types of hosting options are there?
7. Do you need a website if you have a podcast? Why or why not?
8. How can people learn more about launching a podcast?
#ContentChat takes place Mondays at 3:00 p.m. Eastern time (Toronto/New York/Peru) and is co-moderated by Jenise Fryatt and Lori Guerrieri of Smarter Shift, a digital marketing and content management agency.
On a slightly different note, just a reminder that my free ebook, A Guide to Podcasting, has been released! It contains comics.