Developing a hospital’s web and social media strategy
Among my duties during my tenure at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital was the regular management of their social networks including developing their social media strategy based on organizational goals, fulfilling audience needs, and raising awareness of the hospital’s brand and research scientists.
- Feeding the social media strategy was audience insight I gained from the posting of specific types of content across social networks. I payed close attention to what our audience was telling us in their comments and who did the sharing. For example, posting a video featuring staff members shows us that former patients and former employees are still actively engaged with our profiles and fondly remember their favourite staff; and a little digging on Twitter gave us insight into related third parties and influencers who we could potentially develop a relationship.
I regularly reported these learnings to my team and stakeholders across the organization which also helped us tailor our content to fit the audience’s needs and increasing engagement as a result.
- I advised on social media, SEO, paid social ads, and managed the content calendar in collaboration with my team in Public Affairs and Communications.
- I increased engagement through the management of Holland Bloorview’s social media accounts applying best practices in community management, social listening, and reporting audience feedback and analytics driving the content calendar and social media strategy.
Managing web migration and implementing a CMS
Collaborating with the vendor, stakeholders across the organization and my team in Communications and Public Affairs, I project managed the web migration of a suite of 4 websites and implemented a CMS.
- Upon gathering website requirements with colleagues across the organization, I worked with the vendor to create an intuitive and optimized user experience for both the desktop and mobile versions utilizing best practices in information architecture and smooth integration with social media.
- I liaised with the graphic designer to ensure an overall beautiful design.
- I also managed the Sharepoint-based intranet and liaised with technology partners to enhance features and usability along with reporting analytics to my team.