Cause marketing campaign earning an organic reach of 17,000 on Facebook
In 2007, I launched the Stuttering is Cool audio podcast and built a community forming relations with influencers and ambassadors since then. Today, my audience has grown to listeners in over 50 countries giving my website a monthly average of 5000 downloads. In 2013, I authored and illustrated a companion comic book which I successfully generated sales through content marketing and paid advertising campaigns across social networks. One of which was a hashtag campaign that garnered an organic reach of over 17,000 people on Facebook through shares! My goal was to encourage people who stutter to look at Friday The 13th as a good day to experience the benefits of not letting their speech get in the way of their lives. In order to get noticed in the noisy environment of social media, I created a promotional ad in the style of an infographic explaining the concept and with a suggested list of speaking situations. The ad was shared across social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram. My campaign earned an organic reach of over 17,000 people on Facebook but most importantly, I also gained new audience insight from the stories they shared about the challenges they undertook that day. I also learned that my infographic was often printed out and used in speaking situations. I sold a number of copies of my book, too. More about my work with Stuttering is Cool
- I ran a multi-ad stuttering awareness campaign that earned an organic reach of 2500 – 3000 people on Facebook per ad, over 3000 notes on Tumblr, and an average of 50 retweets per ad on Twitter.
- Since launching my podcast, I was interviewed on CBC Metro Morning, CBC The National, CBC Halifax, and the Winnipeg Free Press.
- Every year, I produce a video edition of my podcast at the National Stuttering Association conference in the United States where I also speak and give a cartooning workshop for kids.
- My podcast is also available on SoundCloud and I engage with my community on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- View my SlideShare chronicling the other content marketing campaigns I ran which included comics and infographics: